Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Bored, Bored, Bored...

It's not that I'm bored, but I'm sure if anyone looked at this blog, they were and still are bored!  Confession:  I have too many irons in the fire.  Fire?  Yes, we need to enjoy more fires in our backyard! 

See how quick that was?  Just a word gets me moving in a direction.  I'll be lucky if I can even complete and post this article.  Really, though, I enjoy fire and hope to enjoy more fires in that backyard before the snow flies.  It's been rainy for the past several days.  If we can get some decent weather, we can burn!

And I hope the snow doesn't fly too soon, as our snow blower is in the shop.  I'm a bit nervous as to how much that will cost.  It's from when I caught the thing on fire last spring.  It had been a heavy snow and I was working to remove it.  When I stopped to refuel, I spilled a bit too much gasoline on the engine.  After a little sizzle, there was a "woof."  I tossed the flaming gas can and ran.  Lucky for me, the cap was off of the tank on the snow blower, so there was no explosion.  But not knowing what it would do, I called 911 and invited the firemen out.  So, there was that expense and now the actual repairs.  All due to fire.

Since gardening season is almost over, I am hoping to get moving with other hobbies.  I'd like to do more pottery, photography and get back into running.  I've been off from running really for a couple of years now.  I keep thinking I want to get back to it, but haven't prioritized it.  But now, I'm quite soft in the middle.  Running was really good for me.

And now that Deb is starting to run, I need to also.  We agreed to do a half marathon next year.  We were looking at the Yellowstone Half, but I believe that is actually sold out.  Either way, I need to get training and we'll find one to do!  J just need to do it...

Okay, so now, I just need to get off my backside...

No comments:

Post a Comment