Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year...Almost

And here I sit at the end of another year.  What a year this has been.  I had a load of new experiences this year - some good and some not so.  I'm sure most people can say the same about the year-gone-by.  It's not necessary for me to list my personal experiences, but maybe it's important for me to reflect and grow from them.  It's what we do with those successes and failures, good experiences and losses that makes us who we are.

I am not one who has traditionally set new goals for the new year.  When I was young, I tried it a few times, but just didn't make it work.  So, I avoided the hyped-up new year's resolution junket.  But now, as I "continue to mature," I see more use for having frequent goal-setting activities.  And if I can use the renewal of the calendar to my advantage, then that could be a good thing.

So, with that in mind, my resolutions for 2011 are to grow a well-planned garden, play more music, continue teaching (Sunday School and substitute work in the local public schools), continue work with local Girl Scout troops, get back to running (2 months is a bit more than "recovery" from my last half-marathon!), spend more time in the pottery studio (at least until major gardening season returns), play bridge, and renew my focus on prayer and meditation. 

That list seems strangely long.  When I first thought of itemizing the list, I thought it would be just three or four things.  And there are a few more things that I do, besides those eight things.  It's a funny thing, though, I really don't like being busy.  But I do like being productive.  Many of the activities are "productive," but some of them are just for fun.

And something I didn't mention there, is to continue my blogging - both this one and the Spring Valley Gardener.  I need to set a schedule so my entries are not so sporadic!

Well, for what it's worth - Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment