Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Bike

The bike that I acquired at a steal-of-a-deal late last year has proved a little difficult to get used to.  The '09 Trek Equinox 7 WSD is built for aerodynamics and efficient use of my muscle power, regardless of condition of said muscle power.  I had a hard time getting used to the aero position on this bike and the shorter wheelbase made it seem quirky. 



And as the Minneapolis Duathlon was approaching, I was considering even riding my mountain bike, since I was questioning the comfort of this bike.  But I had ridden it on some rides longer than the event, so I eventually got off the fence and decided to use this bike.  And I was glad I did.

Even though I hadn't felt too comfortable on the bike, the ride portion of the duathlon felt pretty good.  And the speed of the bike, despite some rough roads, was a lot of fun!  So, I think I'll keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment